Privacy notice on the processing of personal data and your rights
under Art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC(hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR” )
In case you are considering to provide your personal data to our companies through the website at or otherwise (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) we, as data controller:
- HB Reavis Group s. r. o., with its registered seat at Mlynské Nivy 16 – mestská časť Staré Mesto, 821 09 Bratislava, Company ID No: 51 772 876, registered with the Commercial Register of the District Court Bratislava I, Section: Sro, Insert No.: 129700/B;
- HB REAVIS Slovakia a. s., with its registered seat at Mlynské Nivy 16 – mestská časť Staré Mesto, 821 09 Bratislava, Company ID No.: 31 346 065, registered with the Commercial Register of the District Court Bratislava I, Section: Sa, Insert No.: 3429/B;
(hereinafter together referred to as the ”Symbiosy” or ”we”), , would like to inform you about how we are processing your personal data in connection with offering, providing and maintaining our services.
Symbiosy is part of the HB Reavis Group, with its headquarters in Luxembourg (hereinafter referred to as the ”HB Reavis Group“) due to which the reference to HB Reavis Group may be found in this Privacy Notice.
In this Privacy notice you can find information about the purpose and legal basis of personal data processing, to whom we may provide your personal data, where you can obtain information about your personal data that we process, or about your individual rights concerning the protection of personal data.
Due to the above mentioned facts, please read the contents of this Privacy notice.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We process the following personal data:
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Working position
- Name of employer
- Personal data stated in your CV
- Your picture
- Audio-visual representation of yourself
- Requested data in the insurance form
Why is Symbiosy processing your personal data and what is the purpose and legal basis of such processing?
We process your personal data on the following legal basis:
1. Performance of the contract and execution of pre-contractual measures in accordance with Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
Your personal data are used for the purpose of providing the Symbiosy Services as it is stated in General Terms and Conditions, any agreement on provision of Symbiosy services and other contracts including pre-contractual relationships and the protection and enforcement of Symbiosy rights and interests stemming from our relationship. This purpose includes mainly the following processing activities:
- efficient communication relating to the provision of Symbiosy services,
- ensuring examination of a complaint or claim made by you,
- ensuring proper performance of Symbiosy services,
- carrying out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us in connection with Symbiosy services, including for billing and collection,
- notifying you about any changes and updates in relation to Symbiosy services, including news release,
- creation of your account in the Platform; Your account is created by default by Symbiosy in the hidden regime with the minimum range of your personal data,
- ensuring possibility to book meeting room,
- your e-mail address or phone number can be used by Symbiosy to communicate with you for verification purposes as well as for other matters related to the Symbiosy services.
The conclusion and the fulfillment of the contract are possible only if we can process your personal data. In case that the personal data are not provided, our company will not be able to enter into the contract with you and so to provide you the Symbiosy services in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions and respective contract.
- If you choose to submit an employment application online, the personal data that you provide to our company will be used for the purposes of performing the employer´s obligations related to the employment, including pre-contractual relationship.
These purposes include in the pre-contractual phase mainly the following processing activities:
- assessing employment application,
- executing personal interviews,
- sending personal information to the applicants,
- management of recruitment process.
2. Your personal data are processed also during the complaints proceedings in accordance with Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR, i.e. the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which our company is subject. Personal data that you provide to our company will be used mainly in the following processing activities:
- recording of the complaint,
- examination of the complaint,
- to verify whether a person submitting the complaint is entitled to do so,
- to provide a notification about the result of the complaint.
3. Your personal data are processed also during the insurance proceedings in accordance with Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR, i.e. the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which our company is subject. Personal data that you provide to our company will be used mainly in the following processing activities:
- recording of the insurance claim,
- examination of the insurance claim with the insurance company,
- to provide a notification about the result of the insurance proceedings with the insurance company.
4. In some circumstances your personal data can be processed for legitimate interest of Symbiosy in accordance with Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR, i.e. for the protection of our rights and interests and for ensuring security in our premises. For this purpose, your personal data can be processed in the following contexts:
- identification and registration of your presence in our premises,
- operation of video surveillance system for the purposes of monitoring and recording our premises accessible to the public (hereinafter “CCTV”).
5. We may process your personal data for the purpose of creation of database of persons or entities for the purpose of contacting them for future business connections, leasing office in the future and for the purpose of ensuring the mutual communication when you contact us via email or online form. In this case, our legitimate interests are to ensure the effective, flawless and clear mutual communication.
6. Furthermore, we may process your personal data by taking the photographs and audio-video recordings, and publishing the photographs (where you can appear) and recordings in our social media profiles, our corporate website and our conference website to use them in our presentation for the purpose and legitimate interests of promotion of our events and services and to help us improve our brand and goodwill.
7. We obtain your consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR provided that none of the legal basis described above exists. Symbiosy requires your voluntary and always revocable consent for the following purposes:
- Keep your curriculum vitae in our database,
- marketing communication, in particular to actively inform you (through e-mail, SMS, by phone, web service, social media and other communication channels) about activities and services of Symbiosy and of other persons.
To whom your personal data can be passed on?
- External service providers: To comply with legal and contractual obligations, we cooperate with external service providers (processors) and transfer your personal data to them to the extent necessary for the performance of the Symbiosy services. In particular, our service providers include IT service providers and sales agents.
- Internal service providers: Symbiosy is part of the HB Reavis Group, with its headquarters in Luxembourg. To comply with legal and contractual obligations arising from the respective contracts entered into between you and us in connection with Symbiosy services, we cooperate with other entities within the HB Reavis Group.
- Before any disclosure of your personal data to the processors, we always enter into a written agreement with processors to stipulate the processing of personal data in compliance with principles and obligation stemmed from GDPR.
- Courts and Authorities: There are also legal obligations that Symbiosy can only meet if we provide your personal data in required extent to the relevant state authorities (tax authorities, auditors), courts or law enforcement authorities.
- Other recipients – based on the consent.
May your personal data be disclosed to another country (also outside the EU)?
Your personal data are processed within the territory of the Slovak Republic and other states of the European Union. Your personal data can be processed by a country outside of European Union if this third country has been confirmed by the European Commission as a country with adequate level of data protection or if other appropriate data protection safeguards exist (for example, binding corporate privacy rules or EU standard data protection clauses).
How long will your personal data be stored?
- In case that processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, your personal data will be processed during the period set by the applicable legal obligation or in line with it.
- In case that processing is necessary for performance of the contract, your personal data will be processed until the end of the contract.
- In case that personal data are processed for CCTV purposes, your personal data will be processed for 15 days.
- If you provide us with your personal data for leasing offices, we store the personal data for 3 years.
- As soon as Symbiosy no longer needs your personal data for the processing purposes for which the personal data were collected, it will delete them unless the statute-barred period applies.
- Certain transaction details and correspondence may be retained until the time limit for claims, in respect of the transaction, has expired or in order to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data.
What rights do you have as a data subject?
Your rights as a data subject are stated below. Please note that in a particular circumstance not all rights may be exercised. You have following rights:
- Access to personal data we process about you
- Rectification of incorrect or inaccurate personal data and add incomplete personal data
- Restriction, i.e. blocking of processing of your personal data
- The deletion of personal data in case the purpose absence or unauthorized data processing
- Submission of an objection to the processing of personal data if you believe that our data processing is not justified
- Be excluded from automated decision making
- Listing of personal data in a structured and machine-readable format or for another controller
- Revocation of consent to the processing of personal data
- To lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
How can you exercise your rights?
electronically: [email protected]
In writing to the address: Mlynské Nivy 16, 821 09 Bratislava, Slovak Republic, Telephone: +421 918 723 243
We strive to protect your privacy as much as possible and therefore we process your personal data in compliance with GDPR and all other relevant laws. However, if you disagree with the way we handle your personal information, you can exercise your right via:
Data protection officer: Erika Wild, Law & Trust – advokátska kancelária, spol. s r.o., Twin City C, Mlynské Nivy 16, 821 09 Bratislava, Slovak Republic, email: [email protected], tel.: +421 2 58 30 30 30.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the Slovak Data Protection Authority: Úrad na ochranu osobných údajov Slovenskej republiky, Hraničná 12, 820 07 Bratislava, Slovenská republika.
- What types of cookies we use? Our Website utilizes two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
- “Session cookies” remain on your device until the moment when they leave the Website or exit the web browser. Please note that for some applications or functionality to function correctly, the session cookies must be enabled.
- “Persistent cookies” remain on your device for the time specified in the file’s parameters (modification of that time can be made using the browser settings), or until they are manually deleted by you. These cookies facilitate the use of the Website. For example, by remembering the previously used resolution or content layout.
Symbiosy may use external cookies in the following situations:
- presentation of multimedia content on the Website that is streamed, downloaded, or accessed from an external website;
- presentation of advertisements tailored to your preferences using external websites and services;
- for sharing content from social networks and using functions made available there.
This Privacy Notice is valid and effective as of 01.11.2019.